Saturday, May 30, 2009

my garden

Sometimes I wonder why I even try to plant a garden. The past two years a wind/rain storm layed my corn flat. Each year I swear that I'd never have a garden again. Well this year my garden again had a little disaster. While Robert and I were gone to Cedar City, some horses got loose and came to check out our garden. They ran right across my lettuce, peas, beans, potatoes, and corn. I cried all night long. Of course it was my turn to say prayers, so I asked for help in forgiving whoever's horses that attacked my garden. The next day I filled in hoof prints and replanted a few things. Now my garden is coming along just fine. We'll see what the storms do later this year.

If you look close in the middle picture you can see the hoof prints.






3 comments:

  1. Wow! Your garden is really coming along. Another month from now when you're eating a salad with peas, tomatoes, beets, and zuchinni, you'll be glad you planted your garden! Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Anna, your garden is huge!!! I don't know how you do all that. Of course, I think if we had more space, we would do more. We like gardening and love to look at our shelves after a summer of canning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job mom! I am so glad you finally did this!

    ReplyDelete