Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The past few days in watching Morgan, I have seen her work on conquering her fears of the milk barn. There are so many sounds and such huge cows. She has only wanted to sit in a chair at the front of the barn, far enough away that there was no possible way for the cows to get her. There is no way they could get anywhere near her. But to her that has been awful scary.

Sunday night after her parents left and Papa and Koby were changing sprinklers, she asked me if she could help me get the cows in. I was surprised, but said sure. She had found a little proder and wanted to be like me. So the next batch of cows that needed to come in she held the prodding stick with one hand and her other hand held a death grip on my hand. I kept her out of the way of the cows, there weren't many left. She asked, " Do you think I could pet Bridgette?" I assured her that she could. I kind of slipped between her and Bridgette, Morgan didn't realize that she was touching this huge cow until she turned back around. She started to jerk her hand away, then relaxed it and began petting Bridgette.

The next thing she did was started to walk up and down the alley way BY HERSELF! She started getting me a towel as soon as she saw me dipping the cows that were coming in.

Now I want to follow her example by working on conquering my fears. I need to work on my self worth, being afraid I won't do something good enough. I am very hard on myself. Like this blog--I see all of my family and friends little spots and they are so awesome. Maybe if I keep working, I can become more confident.

3 comments:

  1. She is a good little helper huh? Thanks for letting her conquer her fears. I am sure that she had a great time. It will be all she can talk about for days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be so hard on yourself! I know, easier said than done. If you're like me, then you are much more critical of yourself than others are of you. Try not to compare yourself to others, but to yourself and you will realize you are doing better at things! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,you are awesome!!!! You are a great mom and a good friend. It was a real treasure to watch you and Robert when Rick was in the hospital. You are a rock, and a wonderful example instead of being a weenie like me.

    Anna, you are talented in so many ways. I don't know you really well, but it is not hard to tell that you and Robert have a pretty good relationship, and when you work as hard as you two do, that is not so easy.

    Don't put yourself down. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete