Sunday, June 14, 2009






Holy cow! Twenty seven years ago tomorrow, June 15, 1982, our family received a special blessing from our Heavenly Father. Our first son, Matthew Robert Werry. I can't believe we are that old, I can believe how blessed we are to have him and each of our children in our family.



Both of our girls had what the dr said were boy heart beats. I was afraid to ask what his guess was going to be. We had planned on having a basketball team and a couple of cheerleaders. We had our cheerleaders (who happened to be good basketball players) we just need boy players. Robert was finally able to come in the delivery/operating room with me. We were both really excited. We took our girls across the street to a great neighbor, Lynell Weatherston, while our new little one was born.



When our new little one was taken from my stomach, C-section, I heard his father declare, "YES! its a boy!" We were so happy to have a healthy little boy. Robert hurried home to tell the girls they had a little brother. They were excited to get to hold him and love him.



Matt has always been such a joy in our lives. He sometimes reminded me, when I needed help that I should pray. When we were going to meet the girls at the end of the Ioka lane, and I was thinking, this is such a long way, he'd say, "Look how far we have gone, Mom." He was blessed with good friends, who were good examples to him, and he was also a good example to them.



After serving a mission, he met a wonderful young lady, Mindy Watts. We sure love her! They were married in the MT Timp temple. What a wonderful day! Now they have also been blessed, with a darling little girl, Peyton Annalynn Werry.



Matt I hope you have a wonderful birthday! We sure love you! Old Man!






No comments:

Post a Comment